Project Manager (f/m)
Development of a Global Learning & Development Framework
Position limited, exact timeframe matter of negotiation (6 – 12 months)
Download as PDF
SOS Children’s Villages Hermann Gmeiner Academy, Innsbruck/Austria or partly remote.
The Hermann Gmeiner Academy is a meeting place and knowledge hub for Learning & Development (L&D), where employees from all over the world of SOS Children’s Villages come together to collaboratively learn and work on further improving the lives of the children and young people in our care, as well as the working conditions of our employees.
The Hermann Gmeiner Academy closely collaborates with the Global Human Resources Competence Centre to develop a federation-wide framework for Learning & Development. This strategic L&D framework is supposed to provide answers to questions such as:
- What are the critical competencies we need to strengthen to reach our goals?
- How can we foster workplace learning in the future?
- How can we enhance a positive learning culture that acknowledges the autonomy of our employees?
- How can we build on the potential of our employees and make best use of existing knowledge, skills, and talents?
Thus, this Global L&D Framework should give orientation on how to support employees as autonomous learners, build on their strengths and interests, and provide opportunities to fill knowledge and capability gaps, in order to reach our desired results. Thus, we want to further equip employees with the skills and competencies they need for their professional roles. We foster continuous workplace learning as a practice in our day to day.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating the development of a comprehensive Global Learning and Development Framework. The aim is to strengthen the individual and organisational capacity to reach the strategic goals defined by SOS Children’s Villages and to foster a positive L&D culture. This will include the coordination with other functions, regions and member associations to identify their L&D needs, and liaise with existing L&D activities to harvest good practices to be shared on global level. Furthermore, the Project Manager will collaborate with Human Resources and relevant functions to ensure a holistic and federation-wide L&D approach. This will include the definition of KPIs to monitor and steer L&D actions on global level.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish and lead a global project team and coordinate external expert input - Communicate with relevant stakeholders in the federation
- Review existing L&D initiatives and relevant strategic projects at SOS Children´s Villages that have an L&D component
- Collaborate closely with the existing HR Community in regions and member associations as well as with line management to ensure a wide scope of needs is considered
- Research external standards and good practices in terms of L&D (e.g. framework, methodology, culture, impact)
- Analyse, synthesize and integrate input from different stakeholders
- Develop a strategic L&D framework that considers existing initiatives and includes the vision and future scope for an integrated L&D ecosystem and culture
- Develop strategic goals for L&D, and define KPIs and monitoring processes that ensure the oversight of the successful implementation of the L&D framework and its impact
- Drive communication on different levels and get the buy-in of relevant stakeholders
- Create an action plan for implementation
- Proven Project Management skills and expertise in leading global projects in a federation
- Experience in the field of Learning and Development in a global organisation is an asset.
- Good understanding of organisational dynamics with the ability to handle complexity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills and ability to
- collaborate, dialogue, and coordinate with related project teams
- identify synergies with related global initiatives
- Understanding of and experience in learning methodology, learning formats
- Process-oriented approach
- Solution-oriented attitude that fosters effective safeguarding, team performance, innovation
- Excellent English language skills, further languages are an asset
- Accommodation against rent at the Hermann Gmeiner Academy that is located in Innsbruck, a little town in a safe ambience surrounded by amazing touristic nature scenes and infrastructure
- Diverse range of interesting tasks in a multicultural working environment
- A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application in English by 16 August 2021 at the latest to Christian.Honold@sos-kd.org. SOS Children’s Villages Hermann Gmeiner Academy.